Armond D. Budish is a consumer journalist and attorney. He is a partner in the law firm of Budish, Solomon, Steiner & Peck, Ltd. Mr. Budish is nationally known for his work in the areas of consumer law, estate planning, and elder law. He is the host of the television show, "Golden Opportunities," a consumer-oriented program for seniors airing Sunday mornings on Cleveland's NBC affiliate, TV-3. Mr. Budish has a syndicated column, "You and the Law," regularly in the Cleveland Plain Dealer and Columbus Dispatch, and periodically in other newspapers. He is also a Contributing Editor for Family Circle Magazine, co-author of Golden Opportunities: Hundreds of Money-Making, Money-Saving Gems for Anyone over Fifty, author of Avoiding the Medicaid Trap, author of numerous articles published in many national magazines, including Modern Maturity Magazine, and a frequent guest on national and local television and radio shows.
Mr. Budish received a Bachelors degree from Swarthmore College (cum laude) and a Juris Doctor degree, Order of the Coif, from New York University Law School. He is a member of the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States, Courts of Appeals for the Sixth and District of Columbia Circuits, the District Courts for the Northern District of Ohio, District of Columbia, and the States of Ohio, Maryland, and The District of Columbia. He is also a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
Mr. Budish has received many professional awards, including Mature Media Awards for "Golden Opportunities" and "You and the Law," and a Consumer Journalism Award (syndicate category) from the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., for excellence in reporting on consumer topics. Mr. Budish is married, has two children and resides in Beachwood, Ohio.
- Bar Admissions:
- Ohio, 1979
- Maryland, 1977
- District of Columbia, 1979
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York,
Honors: Order of the Coif
Law Review: New York University Law Review, Associate Editor, 1976 - 1977
- Swarthmore College, Swarthmore, Pennsylvania,
Honors: Cum Laude
- Published Works:
- Contributing Editor, Family Circle Magazine
- Golden Opportunities: Hundreds of Money-Making, Money-Saving Gems for Anyone Over Fifty (Co-author)
- Avoiding the Medicaid Trap
- Honors and Awards:
- Mature Media Awards, Golden Opportunities and You and the Law
- Consumer Journalism Award, National Press Club in Washington, D.C.
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Ohio State Representative
- House Minority Leader
- Past Employment Positions:
- Hon. Aubrey E. Robinson, Jr., Chief Judge, US District Court for the District of Columbia, Law Clerk